- We regret we do not to provide refunds in the event of non-attendance and/or cancelled workshops/sessions. It is the responsibility of a parent/guardian to inform The Messy Patch if they are unable to attend a session or, should a parent/guardian not be able to attend the remaining sessions, these sessions may be assigned to an alternative individual such as a family member or friend. Missed workshops/sessions cannot be made up/ or refunded, due to our workshop curriculum.
2. A upfront payment of the full amount of a workshop and/or session is required prior to the workshop date. Any parent/ guardian that has not booked or paid for their child/children’s play session before hand may not enter the play area.
3. Should any workshops be cancelled by The Messy Patch due to staff illness, low attendance, unforeseen circumstances, or COVID-19 you will be notified prior to the session and arrangements will be made for the workshops/session for another available date.
Party Bookings and Refunds
1. We regret we do not to provide refunds on deposits and/or full amounts in the event of a cancelled party.
2. A parent/guardian may postpone/reschedule a party for the next available dates. All postponed or rescheduled parties must be discussed and emailed to The Messy Patch a week prior to the date as we cannot be liable for all the preparation work that goes into a party.
3. In the event The Messy Patch is unable to host your party due to unforeseen circumstances, COVID-19 or illness the parent/guardian will be contacted prior to the event and a full refund will be issued or the party may be rescheduled.
4. An additional travel fee will be charged for parties / set ups outside the Johannesburg / Cape Town areas. This amount is due the week of the party.
5. All party bookings must be confirmed by making payment to The Messy Patch through our booking system. The Messy Patch cannot reserve a party date without payment and will not be liable for a party that is booked on the same day/or time.
6. Please be advised that the party packages will not be changed if there should be less attendance closer to the party date and that our party packages are not calculated per child attending. All our party packages are a (Up to package) so should there be a change in the amount of children attending the party, the party package will stay the same. For example: A Up to 15 Party Packages was booked for 15 children but only 7 children will be attending now OR Your party is for 8 children only and not 15. The Up to 15 party package will still apply.
7. Please note that party packs / boxes do not fall part of the Party Packages and will need to be purchased separately at a additional cost.
8. The Messy Patch does not offer any catering services and/or venue hires. It remains the responsibility of the parent/guardian/person to ensure that The Messy Patch may host the party on the day, at the allocated venue. The Messy Patch will not be liable for any unforeseen circumstances regarding this point, such as and not only: (a) Venue cancellation (b) Weather.
9. Please be advised that The Messy Patch will not host any party / event if full payment has not been received prior to the party date. The Messy Patch reserves the right to cancel on the day of the party / event or make arrangements for another schedule date once payment has been received in full.